Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Makeup Quick Tips Series #1

I've decided to do a series of blog posts sharing some basic makeup tips.  These tips are simple but work wonderfully.  After applying makeup on a friend and talking through the application I realized how many tips she was picking up, tips that I thought were common knowledge as I've done them for so long and/or they are just second nature to me.  My friend made me realize that many people may not know or have tried some of my tips/methods so I thought I would share them.  Maybe you know them already, maybe you do something similar, maybe you prefer other methods.  I just hope you pick up one or two pointers in this series and comment on the post and share your tips....I would love to hear them! 

TIPS/TRICKS
* If you are using a sponge to apply foundation, ALWAYS (not sometimes) dampen your sponge.  This will blend the foundation much better and provide a beautiful finish especially with a little stippling action plus it won't absorb as much product as a dry sponge would!

* Use a liquid concealer (often in a tube with a doe foot applicator) to conceal under the eyes.  Liquids, rather than cream pots or sticks are thinner and are less likely to settle into fine lines and appear cakey.  Be sure to pick a warm toned concealer for under the eyes to neutralize the cool tones of the skin there (dark circles are from the blue veins underneath).

* When applying lip gloss over a lipstick colour be sure to stick to the centre of the lips.  Concentrating the gloss in the centre will give the lips a plumper look.  You will also want to avoid gloss all the way into the corners of the mouth as it can look like you're drooling! haha

More tips to come!

No comments: