Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Save a Bundle on Hair Colouring!!!!

Ok So I have to admit that I haven't paid to have my hair coloured/highlighted in over 10 years.  I am fortunate to have stylists for in-laws!!!  Even with this amazing privilege, I still find it hard to get in every 4-6 weeks to keep up with my colour treated hair.  I just never seem to have the 2 hours to spare getting my hair done and now I only have to come up with that 2 hours every 3-4 months! How? you ask.  John Frieda Go Blonder Lightening Spray.  This stuff works so well!! After I shower and towel dry my hair, I spray this along my hairline and my part at the roots.  I blow dry my hair as usual and the heat from my blow dryer intensifies the results!  It took about 4-5 shampoos for me to notice a change.  I now have seamlessly blended roots- no more dark zipper down the middle of my head!  Every third or forth time I use this I spray it all over to brighten my hair and keep my highlights lighter than the rest so I can go longer in between colouring.  This product is recommended for blonde or light brown hair.  Since I have blonde colour treated hair already this works wonderfully.  I would avoid this if you have dark hair though as it may turn it a little brassy.  I was worried about that for me since my roots coming in were so dark but it seems fine.  I do however use a toning shampoo twice a week so this may help a lot too.  I use Nexxus Simply Silver Shampoo.  It is a dark purple shampoo designed to eliminate yellow cast.  I use the John Frieda Go Blonder Highlighting shampoo the other days.  I haven't coloured/highlighted my hair since the first week of March and it doesn't appear that I need to again any time soon!  For $10 a bottle you can't go wrong!

No comments: