Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

February Favourites

As I was rounding up products to include in the post I realized that most of these are not just what I've been loving for the past month or so, but products that I have been using daily and for quite a while now!  Let's get to it!

Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

So this is the one product that I haven't been using for too long.  I absolutely love it!!!! I have been using it daily for about 2 weeks and have had such great results.  This is a 2-speed rotating cleansing brush along the same lines as a Clarisonic but for a fraction of the cost.  I paid $30 at Walmart (Canada) and it came with a sample size cleanser.  I cannot believe how deeply this cleans, it makes me realize how much makeup I was leaving on my skin just using my hands to lather and rinsing.  My skin feels so revitalized immediately after using this and my skin is so soft.  My acne has been clearing like nobody's business as well as my dry patches.  My moisturizer sinks in so nicely after the deep clean.  I can't wait to wash my face!!!!

Lise Watier 24HRS Glam Mascara

I have been using this mascara daily for the last few months.  This formula is so nice, it combined with the wand lengthens my lashes like crazy.  It doesn't add much volume.  The length and definition is great for day wear.  I always end up with raccoon eyes so I wanted to try something that claims to stay put.  This mascara does just that! After an 8-10hr day no raccoon eyes or any flaking!








Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller

I've been using this eye roller for about the last 3 months every morning and sometimes reapplying throughout the day.  It's a neat little product as it has a cold roller ball that glides on a tinted formula.  It provides a little coverage and cools the under eye area.  I use this before applying my concealer and I find it preps the skin nicely.  When I am in a rush or not feeling in the mood to wear all of my makeup I will use a tinted moisturizer and the Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller and I'm good to go! I have the Garnier Anti-Puff Roller as well but don't like it nearly as much.











MAC Cream Colour Base in "Hush"

I LOVE this!!!! I use it as a highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones, down the centre of my nose and sometimes as a brow highlight.  It gives me a beautiful glow and dewy look.  I have received so many compliments when I wear this! I have used it on friends and they always want to rush out and purchase it! I have tried many drugstore highlighters in the past but they just don't do the trick.  I find the drugstore highlighters are not finely milled enough and the particles just look like glitter when applied-not pretty.  The Hush cream catches the light and reflects a beautiful healthy glow. Love it, Love it, Love it!




MAC Paint Pot in "Painterly"

This is my HG eyeshadow base.  This is a matte base that I apply all over my lids.  It is very close to my skin tone (NW30).  It evens out my lids and covers any veins/discolouration and provides an amazing base for my shadows.  Although this is not a primer it prevents creasing and makes my shadows last all day!  I had some eye shadows that I wasn't too thrilled with payoff wise until I started using this base, now the pigment shows up much richer than without.  I've been using Painterly for a number of months and will never go without!!!!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Love your blog! Will you be testing hair products?

Sarah Stiletto said...

Yes! I've been really loving some great hair products this month so they will likely end up on my next favourites post!

S. McBrien said...

You can most definitely test all these products on me!!!!